San Fransisco

A delayed flight meant that I was welcomed by a calm and quiet San Fransisco airport an hour past midnight. I collected my baggage and came out following the sign boards to the bus stop where I would catch my shuttle. No need to ask anybody in US for directions!! Neither are anybody available! In India, we have so many people around to help you out that sign boards are not necessary.

The deserted look of the place was certainly not appeasing. I waited for few minutes expecting my super shuttle. There were few other shuttles (some other names) that were coming and going and slowly even the few who were there at the bus stop disappeared. To add to my woes, there was a chilly wind blowing (and I had no jackets with me, "summer hai kyon le jaana").

Fortunately, there was another guy who was also waiting for super shuttle to some place in between San Fransisco and San Jose. He called up the Super Shuttle number from his mobile and after some 20 min the shuttle came up. On enquiring whether he shall take me to San Jose, I got a reply that my reservation was not there with him. After some bargain and request, he agreed to take me to San Jose provided I pay him in cash and few extra bucks. As I had no other options, I took the offer and reached my hotel.

Off to sleep as I wait for the first day in office tomorrow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IIT VIRASAT 2006 - SPIC MACAY

Tea in a teapot

Whats on the menu