My 10th Birthday - Little VG

I was expecting my tenth birthday party to be celebrated hugely and lavishly like my sixth and ninth birthday. Soon I came to know that my birthday was during my … EXAMS. Many people in my school might not come and I couldn’t spend too much time on my birthday, as I had to study. Now in between all of that, my mom, who is currently studying masters, had exams too. That made it even harder to set up a huge birthday party.


So I said to myself, “I already had great birthday parties before, It doesn’t matter. I am still having a birthday party regardless of whether it is big or small and birthday parties are not that important anyway.”


Still I had my mind set that I wanted a pool party. Soon we arranged a pool party at our apartment, inviting three of my close friends. We ordered some snacks like brownies, tarts, pizzas and garlic bread. We ordered the cake from one of my mom’s friends. My father bought orange and mango juice as the drinks. Finally, in a few days time, came the day I was waiting for. June 24th. 


In the morning, my parents and I went to a splendid cafe. The food was delicious. The ambiance was great and we took a lot of pictures. Happily we drove back home. As we were coming back up in the lift, my father saw shocking news. There was a notice saying that our apartment pool was closed for maintenance. 


I lost all hope and I was like “NOOO! WHAT DO WE DO NOW??” Luckily my mom stepped in. She suggested that we could change the location to Setia Spice Aquatic Centre for swimming. Then she explained that we could go there for swimming and come back home for cake - cutting and snacks. 

1,600 × 1,186

“Great!" I cried. By 5 pm everyone was at Setia. “Woohoo! Let’s go!” I yelled. We all changed and ran into the pool. At first, we went to the small pool with many fun activities. There were two big slides, buckets that tip over our heads, a water seesaw etc. My mom even took an instagram reel for us. We spent forty minutes there. 



For the rest of the twenty minutes we went to the big pool to swim. It was fun although it was a bit too deep for me and I had to stand on tiptoes in order for me to not sink. Soon one hour passed by. We went to rinse ourselves and change, then we went to my house for cake- cutting and snacks. 


I quickly went to change into my party clothes. I had chosen a blueberry cake with flowers as a decoration. “Happy Birthday to you!" everyone sang. I cut the cake and blew the candles. My mom served the kids and me the snacks we had ordered, cake and juice. Everyone had a good time together. Soon one by one everyone left. “That was a great day!” I said to myself. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IIT VIRASAT 2006 - SPIC MACAY

Tea in a teapot

Whats on the menu