Angels and Demons

It was 2.00AM. I had returned from the lab after having a hot Maggi and Soup from our institute Nescafe. The Dan Brown novel 'Angels and Demons' was lying on my table. I had already read about 50 pages of it on my PC. So I though of picking it up and read for a while. Sleeping at 2.00AM was not my habit for the past few years. The usual schedule, which I always try to correct, is to have night outs. But today, I was not in a mood to put yet another nightout. There had been series of nightouts in the past 3 days. A night of orkutting, a night of cdsdoc (some technical documentation) and a night of report writing.
As I started reading the novel, I realised that it had been a long time since I read a novel. The mood set in. As pages went by, the speed of the novel made it hard to put down. Clock ticked by and by the time i completed page no 249 i saw a faint light of the dawn sneaking through my window. Then I decided to be awake till breakfast, and the reading continued. I had read for 6 hrs. So I thought, "Why not? I shall make it a personal milestone. Read a 600 page novel in one go." I continued till 11.50AM. That was the time that I remembered seeing on my table clock. "There goes my milestone. I still have another 100 pages to read." Above all, I missed my lunch also. Had I been awake for another 10 minutes, I would have had a nice lunch in the mess.
But I didnt give up. As soon as I woke up, at 7.00PM, I took the book and reached the climax. After a break for dinner, I finished the novel at 11.00PM.
Here are the final statistics
Novel: Angels and Demons
Author: Dan Brown
No. of pages: 567
Time taken: 12.00 hrs
No. of breaks: 3

Hoping to improve on the record next time.. Till then, this is Girish, signing off, Goodbye, Have a nice day.

Comments

Mukesh Agarwal said…
abe very fast ..i take 7-8 days at least for 600 pages ..
Rat said…
correction.. it takes 600 days to finish 7-8 pages :-D
I'm highly allergic to books - of any type. But a good try, Vann G ! Wishing you good luck on your next venture. And do not not sleep in the night!!!
Ankur Gupta said…
Bravo!!!! I suppose i will take the whole life to complete 600 pages!!!
:-)

Popular posts from this blog

IIT VIRASAT 2006 - SPIC MACAY

Tea in a teapot

Whats on the menu