Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh

18 February, 2012

Lucknow was on my travel wishlist for quite sometime. It is the capital of the state where I had spent my childhood for 9 years.

......

Continuing on this travelogue draft after almost a decade.. I dont think I can justify writing it fully. So let me compensate for it with some photos to help me walk down the memory lane.

So this trip materialized courtesy a wedding invitation from my classmate at school. She has/had been a friend and a sister. Ah, you noticed the strikethrough on the word.. Well lot of things change in a decade. She is still a good friend at heart but we havent talked for a long time now. Nevertheless, lets us get back to our travelogue. So accepting the wedding invitation was quite natural and even though none of my other schoolmates were turning up for the wedding, I decided to use it as an opportunity to tick off one more place on my travel bucket list (Can I even have a bucket list? Probably no.. As I cant possibly write down all the places that I want to go).

......
Third attempt on this blog today on Jan 1, 2024.

The land of Nawabs who constructed splendid buildings in Mughal architecture. I can't even remember the names of these places except Shahi Imambara. So here is a snippet from our photo album. Jai Google!

Do you get the similarities and the differences? The changes?

That is us 11 years ago. 

What I remember vividly from that day was the clear blue sky, warmth from the sun on a chilly winter day, taking rickshaws, walking for hours (as was the norm with me those days) and window shopping (as was the norm with my better half)

The wedding was typical of all North Indian weddings. You don't really get to see the wedding as that happens past midnight. What you enjoy is the baraat - dancing on the streets. 

Well, I can say I dance better now after living with the person who is passionate about dancing. But, those days dancing in baraat was the only dance form that I could perform. 

hi. hi.. hi..


That is it on this blog, that has lived so long in the draft folder. Time for it to see the world.. As Amrish Puri says in DDLJ

Ja Simran (Blog) Ja.. Jee lee apni zindagi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IIT VIRASAT 2006 - SPIC MACAY

Tea in a teapot

Whats on the menu