Quake Quake

After missing two earthquakes that happened during my past 5yrs in Delhi, at last I experienced one today morning. It was at quarter to five at dawn when Delhi rocked measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale.

I was asleep under the quilt in my hostel room, when I felt the tremors. I thought that it was in my dream and ignored it. After a few seconds, I realized that my cot was shaking and the windows were rattling. As I got to my senses and got up, vibrations had died down. There was commotion outside as people were running out of their rooms onto the lawns and the courtyard. Most of them were excited and few were shocked.

I waited for a minute to check if it was shaking. As nothing happened, I went back to sleep, under the assumption that I was safe under the thick quilt even if the roof falls down. :-)

Today, I heard lots of stories about how people ran to save their lives ignoring others who were around, half naked, in their underwears, out into the biting cold. Well, I dont know whether I was brave or stupid in not getting out, but surely what prompted me to stay in my room was the winter.

Tail:
Last two times when earthquake happened in Delhi, I was riding on my cycle from hostel to the institute. What a bad luck!!! And that too TWO times.. That reminds me of a mallu saying 'onnu vittal moonu' meaning 'if u missed it on the first chance, u will surely get it at the third'

Comments

vsquare said…
Don't tell me u r waiting for the 3rd chance!!! :)
Mukesh Agarwal said…
quake at 4.45 morning ..U are not supposed to even notice that. U are not having a sound sleep these days :-)
Rat said…
I went back to sleep, under the assumption that I was safe under the thick quilt even if the roof falls down.
:D
The above comment is equally hillarious :D

Popular posts from this blog

IIT VIRASAT 2006 - SPIC MACAY

Tea in a teapot

Whats on the menu